noys clone - custom stompboxes and experimental audio works

SafelinkU | Shorten your link and earn money

NOYS - MosBite | Experimental 6 stages CMOS Distortion.

STATUS : EXPERIMENT - IN PROCESS

This one is my new experiment combining 6 stages Hex Inverter of CMOS 4049 into one Distortion box,

Here's my PCB Layout :

Some changes need to be applied and here's my debug list

I found :
  1. Twin-T Oscilator that applied on the 5th stage give nothing..:(
  2. Need some additional resistor to decrease the output.. though R will be reflected..
  3. I use 3 1N914 and 4 Led on hard clipping option switch, instead of IRF510 MosFet
  4. Gain control cannot put into minimum... (still have to find the band-aid to cure that)
  5. Added a wire to bypass stage 2 input to remove the "Bird Sound" noise when it's OFF.
  6. This thing really need a clean power supply.
  7. Added 2x 100nF near the IC to filter the power source.
  8. I think 100uF power source filter isn't enough..
  9. Too much noise.. I don't like it
10. have t explore more..

This thing is really loud.. 


I made some changes to the layout, and will move all components to the new board.

2nd board also unverified..

Note : 
* All schematic above are used for experimental project. 
* The basic schematics are belong to the owners. 
* I made changes and tunings by ear.
* Fair use only
* All contents here are prohibited to post on other blog or sites without permission.


0 comments:

Post a Comment